PR Manager - Energy
At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning PR team which achieves high levels of coverage and punches above its weight in terms of influencing policy and decision markers. This role provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to influence the energy industry and empower consumers to take better control of their household bills. You’ll work with the Energy experts within RVU but also support the wider business to deliver results-driven campaigns that provide consumers with the expert advice they need to make vital financial decisions. You’ll ensure that our brands continue to be recognised and trusted household names by distributing regular commentary and responding to media enquiries, and providing digital PR support to land media coverage on some of the most authoritative online news sites.
You will be responsible for:
Strategy: Setting PR strategy to deliver high profile, impactful campaigns for Uswitch Energy, ensuring consistent focus across objectives, key messages and target audiences. Alerting the business to any issues that may have an impact on corporate reputation and circulating agreed messaging.
Campaign Management: Planning and delivering PR campaigns to secure impactful media coverage that meets high targets. Managing the campaign from inception to delivery, creating and signing off assets, sourcing case studies, selling in press releases and monitoring and evaluating coverage. Managing the impact of PR campaigns on the business and coordinating activity across PR, editorial, social media and the wider marketing team (brand, email, SEO & PPC).
Newsjacking: Monitoring industry agenda and daily news announcements to identify opportunities to deliver expert commentary that gets cut through in the crowded media space.
Relationship Building: Developing strong relationships with consumer affairs, energy, personal finance, trade and broadcast media and other key industry influencers, including our business partners.
Regulatory support: Working with the Head of Regulation to provide PR support for the energy public affairs programme – keeping affordable energy, consumer protection and education, and the benefits of a fully-functioning competitive market, at the top of the political agenda.
Spokespeople: Managing, coaching and training spokespeople and managing their calendars for press interviews, broadcast interviews and video/podcast appearances.
Press office: Working with the wider PR team to provide a first class press office for all RVU brands. Responsible for answering press phone and emails in and out of office hours, responding to any immediate or urgent requests quickly and accurately. Coordinating activity with the rest of the team and keeping the wider company informed of team progress and results.
- At least three years’ consumer PR experience including UK media relations, newsjacking and writing compelling press releases.
- Experience in the energy industry and good knowledge of its complex sector challenges.
- Skilled at setting strategies and defining objectives with proven track record of creating and owning campaigns that deliver impactful results.
- Ability to spot a story and turn an opportunity into press coverage - speed to market with a comment is key.
- Excellent writing skills - able to articulate messages clearly and concisely in an engaging style with attention to detail.
- Skilled at creating and managing agency briefs.
- Excellent at networking with other PR teams and industry bodies.
- Comfortable and confident talking to the media and open to given interviews if necessary.
- Agile and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it an Apple or Windows laptop
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding