At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We are looking for a SEO manager to drive organic growth within our portfolio of brands spanning the Financial Services, Telecommunications, and Energy industries. We’re a company of quick, strategic thinkers who value high performance. Speed & adaptability are at the core of our company culture as well as our SEO strategy. We play in competitive verticals, so if you want to prove that you have what it takes to be the best, then you’ll have your shot. Our proprietary tracking systems will also give you access to the next-level data you need to make smarter marketing decisions.
We strive to simplify some of the most complex and daunting consumer marketplaces, to genuinely improve the lives of our users. Across our platforms - Uswitch, Money, and Bankrate - we give millions of people the tools, data, and insight to save thousands of pounds per year by taking control of their utility bills and finance products.
What’s the Role? Spend all your time actually doing data-driven SEO, not convincing clients of its value.
Reporting to the SEO Director, the SEO manager will;
- Contribute to the SEO technical, content & inbound marketing roadmaps & strategy
- Implement the SEO strategy across our portfolio of brands
- Present regular KPI reports to senior stakeholders
- Integrate with product, infrastructure and technical teams to help influence SEO back-end related projects
- Managing all website SEO implementation in line with best practice
- Work with QA and automation teams to ensure SEO QA is in the mix across other teams
- Execute on-site technical audits
- Stay up-to-date with all Google updates that impacts how Google sees the ranking factors of a website
- Work with developers to maintain technical SEO on-site
- Put together internal projects to create tools and automated insights
- Automate server log analysis internal to gain insights of how Googlebot is crawling our site
- Conduct regular analysis and identify patterns of how our target audience are searching within Google & make sure we have the right content to match intent
- Closely monitor crawling spikes to mitigate any risk of penalty or loss in ranking authority across key pages
- On-going analysis with Google Analytics to monitor SEO performance alongside targets and KPI
- Have the passion for SEO and overall internet marketing
- Think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems
- Foster strong stakeholder relationships at various levels
- Have attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Possess elevated levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Be communicative and sociable. Must be able to work well with other business functions
- Strong SEO experience
- Strong technical, content & inbound marketing SEO strategy background
- Strong analytical skills for modelling performance and opportunity with large sets of data
- Have the knowledge and ability to process a lot of data
- Have experience in web developing, coding and server-side management is preferred
- Knowledge of how product departments work
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding