Digital PR Executive
At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
What You Will Do?
We are actively recruiting an Digital PR and Outreach Executive to join our team in London. We’re looking for an outreach superstar with 1-2 years experience. Someone who is always willing to go the extra mile to secure coverage, who knows what journalists are looking for and constantly has an eye out for what’s happening in the media.
You’ll be creating, implementing, pitching and analysing creative content campaigns across multiple national brands to aid our organic search by building high quality links. This position requires a creative thinker with strong communication skills who can develop and implement effective outreach campaigns and analyse their success.
Above all, you’ll have a huge passion for content and know what it takes to create best in class content that educates, inspires and entertains our audiences (from customers, to publications or niche websites). You’ll have experience pitching campaigns to journalists, but will feel just as comfortable sharing stories and creating content for niche industry websites. You’ll have a good eye for finding new angles for a story and a creative approach to news-jacking.
- Come up with ideas for online resources and innovative content campaigns that are specifically targeted to individual sites, audiences and websites
- Leveraging content to gain links/coverage on news publications and niche websites
- Conduct research to identify appropriate audiences for our brand(s).
- Help to create content outlines and specs for the editorial team to communicate content needs.
- Collaborate with writers, designers, SEO and the wider outreach team to see projects through to completion.
- Participate in coming up with campaign ideas, and other collaborative group work to help the wider outreach team.
- Pitch content and successfully manage relationships with key strategic partners on highly influential websites in our industries
- Develop extensive, relevant lists of contacts and nurture those relationships
- Keep track of campaign success and evaluate results
What Are We Looking For?
- A proactive individual who thrives in a fast paced environment
- A keen interest and good understanding of the digital environment
- Strong creative and analytical skills which you can use to create and land results-driven web content campaigns for our market leading brands.
- Proven track record of delivering coverage and links
- List of existing contacts/relationships would be an advantage
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once while executing strong organisational and project management skills
- Have solid decision making and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of Google and other search engines or SEO best practices knowledge would be an advantage
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role, either agency or in-house
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment, bonuses, and contribute to both your personal and professional development. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Amazing family and parent friendly benefits
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding