Data and Insights Analyst
At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching, helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We are seeking an experienced Data and Insights Analyst to join our team in order to help discover, craft and visualise stories hiding in data, thereby aiding our SEO efforts. The role presents an exciting opportunity for a curious individual with a keen interest in interrogating and analysing data to help generate compelling content marketing campaigns. In a nutshell, you’ll be turning data and insights into a story worth telling, aiding our digital PR and content marketing campaign efforts.
You will have a keen news sense, strong data skills, and a proven ability to take ideas and turn them into data insights that engage journalists and publications. You will have an interest in and knowledge of methods for analysing figures to find great stories – whether it’s spreadsheet skills or coding know-how.
You should have a keen interest in current affairs, and be familiar with, and committed to, the role data can play in a digital PR or content marketing strategy.
There will be an opportunity to get involved in the full campaign process, from idea brainstorming, data gathering, data analysis, content creation and analysing creative content campaigns across multiple national brands to aid our SEO by building high quality links.
Above all, you’ll have a huge passion for content marketing and know what it takes to create best in class content that educates, inspires and entertains our audiences (from customers, to publications or niche websites).
- Build compelling digital PR stories with research, data, weaving together research findings into a narrative
- Developing ways of generating original data, such as through Freedom of Information requests or web scraping
- Locating key sources of data that are useful to journalists and consumers
- Manipulating raw data to find stories or other useful content for Digital PR and Outreach campaigns across RVU
- Working with the content marketing team to communicate those findings in content campaigns that are compelling and have the opportunity to build high quality links on-site; flagging up campaign opportunities to Digital Earned Media leads across RVU.
- Participate in brainstorms to generate campaign ideas, and other collaborative group work to help the wider outreach team.
- Working with designers to visualise the data in the form of compelling maps, graphs, charts and other interactive tools.
- A proactive individual who thrives in a fast paced environment with a strong sense for news, especially in the digital space
- An understanding SEO best practices, plus content marketing, link building, and how PR ties into SEO would be beneficial
- Proven strong creative and analytical skills which you can use to create and land results-driven web content campaigns for our market leading brands.
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once while executing strong organisational and project management skills
- An ability to interrogate data quickly and intelligently, to find stories or other content opportunities
- Excellent communication skills; scoping projects, disseminating results and instilling confidence in your work with key internal stakeholders of varied backgrounds
- A a proactive attitude to solving technological problems in terms of finding, 'scraping' and presenting data
- Proven strong SQL Skills particularly in reference to Google Big Query with experience in using analytical and data tooling such as R, Python, Tableau, Git, dbt etc.
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
○ Health insurance
○ Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
○ In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
○ Flexi holiday policy
○ Bike to work scheme
○ Season ticket loans for those long commutes
○ Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
○ 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
○ Attractive maternity leave policy
○ We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding