At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
The role is a core part of a growing finance team that will evolve over the coming years and comes with ample opportunities to develop and have exposure to broader finance functions. The role has come available through an internal promotion, something that is strongly supported by the team.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for revenue reporting in the Communications (Broadband and Mobiles) and Financial Services verticals as well as Payroll, VAT, month end procedures and ad-hoc project work. The role requires strong analytical skills, stakeholder management and the ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Production of monthly management accounts including timely ledger posting of month end journals
- Ensure that all variances are understood and deliver insightful commentary
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly
- Liaising with commercial teams to understand reporting issues and risks associated with underlying switching data from the Uswitch site
- Assisting the Commercial Finance team in their analysis and forecasting of Communication / Financial Services revenue
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for Money and Uswitch
- Management and complete ownership of monthly payroll process and year end payroll reporting on P35s, P60s, P11ds, PSA
- Review of bi-monthly payment runs
- Lead and assist with controls and accounting projects
- Preparation of deliverables for the annual and internal audits
- Year End statutory account preparation overview
- Assist in ad hoc projects and initiatives as required by the finance team’s overall roadmap
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS
- Process review and improvement
The things we look for in you:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA or equivalent)
- 2-3 years PQE
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with good analytical skills
- Self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills (use of pivot tables and vlookups a minimum)
- Industry Experience desirable but not essential
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding