Software Engineer - Product
At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
Our purpose is to simplify complex marketplaces with intuitive and accessible applications that genuinely improve people`s lives. Saving a few hundred pounds a year on bills makes a fundamental difference to vulnerable people who sometimes have to choose between paying for utilities or groceries.
Our platforms serve millions of users a month, process thousands of comparisons a day, and drive hundreds of complex integrations with vastly different partners. We're a tech-driven business that focuses on agile delivery and cross functional product teams.
We are creating the next generation of comparison platforms, and as we scale we are looking for passionate, empathetic engineers to build highly performant, accessible, and beautiful consumer experiences to facilitate switching and comparisons on the web.What you might be working on:
- Building the future of the micro front-ends at Uswitch leveraging some of our packages such koa-core, ustyle, and frameworks like Inferno, Redux and GraphQL
- Delivering integrated and accessible full checkout journeys for additional Uswitch products like Credit Cards and Broadband
- Building performance tooling to continuously improve our TTFB across the site, and optimising for a PWA experience with offline caching and push notifications
- Creating beautiful dashboard experiences for our B2B products using D3.js and React
We pride ourselves in delivering accessible, performant, and functional experiences to the consumer, hopefully you do too.
The things we look for in you:
- You want to grow within your career and are looking for a place that lets you have immediate, meaningful impact - we deploy up to 150 times a day
- Familiarity with CSS and responsive design approaches on the front-end
- Understanding of analytics tools and how events work in a DOM
- Passionate about accessibility, performance, UX, and A/B testing
- Pragmatic and deliver thoughtful and awesome solutions to solve business problems
- Have had experience or want to have experience working in diverse, cross functional agile teams - we value people that want to push themselves into unknown territories
- Have an understanding of web applications and the surrounding stacks
- We aren't wedded to languages, but you should know how an application works for a customer
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding