Site Reliability Engineer
At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
Here at RVU, we are assembling a team of engineers to help drive the principles of Site Reliability Engineering throughout our organisation.
Our Cloud Infrastructure team provides a shared Kubernetes platform on which our product teams build, deploy and run their services. The product teams own, operate and support these services to provide the excellent service our customers are accustomed on our sites.
We are looking for Reliability Engineers who are keen to work alongside these product and Cloud teams to build reliability in from the start and help guide them on how to better operate and support their services guided by their reliability targets (SLOs).
Our ultimate goal is to ensure our product teams have the space and time to innovate while ensuring that our sites are delivering the service levels our customers expect and we are proud to deliver.
Day to day tasks
Some of the things you will be working on day to day include:
- Working alongside product teams to establish SLOs for services
- Building tooling or shared services for the product teams
- Assisting product teams with design decisions that may impact reliability
- Pairing with a product team to debug a potential issue
What we're looking for in you:
We are not expecting people to be experts in all of these areas, but we are interested in people who:
- Care about the reliability and operation of systems
- Enjoy investigating and solving complex issues
- Have worked with Kubernetes
- Like to design and assess systems
- Understand the underpinnings of GNU/Linux
- Have worked with AWS or an equivalent system
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding