Mobile App Engineer
At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
The Accounts team owns the Uswitch Mobile App, which is a mobile app built on React Native for both iOS and Android, distributed on the App Store and Google Play Store respectively. The team needs dedicated mobile app engineers to support the app, both in terms of ongoing maintenance / BAU, as well as building of new features. In particular this will include work around push notifications and deep-linking to support the multi-channel communication ambitions of the team.
Specific work activities include:
- Writing the code, including automated tests where appropriate
- Consulting with UX/UI designers on best practices and defining the user interface
- Ensuring quality of code and an appropriate level of testing of releases
- Managing the release process, including the app review process with Apple
- Working with the backend engineers to identify changes to existing APIs, or to define new APIs as necessary.
The things we look for in you:
- Hands-on experience with React Native, building apps for both iOS and Android
- Experience in releasing apps on the App Store and Google Play Store
- Awareness of best practices on each platform and the differences
- Comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy in a small team and managing your own time effectively
- Previously worked with Redux and React Navigation
- Previously used FastLane to automate the build and release process
- Previously used AppsFlyer, Segment or Braze (AppBoy)
- An interest in Functional Programming
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding