At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate is changing the mortgage market. We create innovative and personalised products that help you make smarter decisions. We want to empower you to find a house and get a mortgage without talking to an agent or broker.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
As a third member of our Affiliate Marketing Platform analytics team you’ll contribute valuable experience in data modeling, monitoring, and engineering to help us build a robust foundation for the data that our team provides to analysts around the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement data structures for pipelines that service several large consumer businesses across brands.
- Work with cross-functional teams to create end-to-end data solutions that support our analysts and business teams.
- Become an expert on handling data from more than three websites and dozens of ecommerce product areas serving millions of users every month.
- Build a system that enables self-service analytics and paves the way for data science applications across our businesses.
- An interest in educating data analysts and engineers on data collection and data modeling best practices.
- Experience modeling and transforming data from event collection to report curation, across team boundaries.
- Experience building, designing, refactoring or optimising data lakes and data warehouses from a variety of data sources.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (We mostly use clojure and go). Advanced SQL knowledge is strongly desirable.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, especially BigQuery. Additional experience with Job orchestration tools, like Airflow.
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment, bonuses, and contribute to both your personal and professional development. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Amazing family and parent friendly benefits
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding