Junior Content Writer
At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
As the junior writer in Financial Services, you’ll be a key member of the marketing and content team. You’ll write digital content that brilliantly meets our users’ needs.
Together with the Financial Services Editor, you will be in charge of writing guides and features that help our users learn about navigating the complex environment of financial products, and empower them to make the best choice when choosing the right product for them.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll:
- Plan, research, and write consumer-friendly guides and features
- Maintain and update content so that it’s always accurate and helpful
- Measure and evaluate the success (or failure!) of the content you produce, and report on your findings to the Financial Services Editor and other stakeholders
- Work with editors and other stakeholders to plan and deliver content that supports larger campaigns (e.g., Black Friday, debt management, death of the piggy bank)
- Collaborate with the broader Content community across Uswitch, Money, and Bankrate to develop best practices, share successes and failures, and to elevate content as a discipline across the company
The things we look for in you:
- Experience as a digital content creator or journalist, ideally in an agile, multidisciplinary setting
- Experience writing about technical or complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner
- Experience writing good, clean copy to tight deadlines
- Experience working autonomously - you can take a single question and turn it into a guide or feature with little or no oversight
- Exposure to SEO best practices and writing content for SEO
- Exposure to data/analytics, and using it to inform content creation
- Exposure to social media (posting updates, using it as a source of news, keeping up to date with social media best practices, etc.)
- Passion; eagerness to provide as much value as possible to our users; going the extra mile to improve yourself and your colleagues; and a bias towards getting things done!
What we’ll give back to you
We want to give you a great work environment, bonuses, and contribute to both your personal and professional development. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- Choice of a 13 or 15” MacBook Pro (or a Windows laptop, if you prefer)
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks and soft drinks plus free coffee from an on-site barista
- Amazing family- and parent-friendly benefits
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them:
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding