Senior Commercial Manager
At RVU, we have the best of both worlds; the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching, helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
This role is a great opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to become a key part of a rapidly growing Home Services team.
It is all about bringing a strategic market-wide view in growing revenues in our Energy business through the partnerships we have with the energy providers on Uswitch’s panel. Managing the key senior level relationships with our partners but also moving beyond day-to-day energy supplier relationship management activity, while still ensuring that as a team we maintain our status as their first-choice partner to work with.
The main focus of the role will be around delivering the revenue for the energy business unit, leading the delivery of the commercial strategy and driving new product developments with our key energy partners.
The key to this role’s success will be the ability to manage both the day-to-day and senior partner relationships but also being able to drive the commercial strategy such as setting the business model, new projects and commercial structures. The ability to grasp the key levers of the energy market (e.g. wholesale prices and related price cap prediction) and how these will impact energy providers, consumers and Uswitch is an important aspect of the role.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Using a data-driven, analytical mindset to translate wider strategic needs within the energy market into commercial opportunities for Uswitch. This includes drawing links between the wholesale and retail energy markets and analysing how the evolving regulatory and consumer landscapes can be used as insight to establish and forge senior partnerships with different types of energy providers
- Driving key commercial negotiations with our energy partners
- Business development - identifying new opportunities to drive performance and drive revenue with both existing and new partners
- Understanding the performance of each partnership - including in-depth statistical analysis on consumer behaviour, sales conversion, product performance and market trends, subsequently creating actionable results
- Reporting to partners regularly, including presenting to their senior management teams
- Briefing partner related design and development projects internally, and ensuring timely delivery
- Contribution to commercial strategy for new projects
- Responsible for the commercial team delivering best-in-class for partner relationships
- Responsible for overarching partner strategy
- Driving product changes as a result of partner and commercial knowledge and input
- Supporting and leading the energy commercial team as required for partner meetings
- Continue to develop industry knowledge through engagement and attendance at Industry conferences such as Utility Week, Cornwall Insight etc as appropriate.
- Acting as a broadcast media spokesperson
- Work closely with partners and Uswitch Insight team to develop and promote the uptake and use of the industry leading data insight product
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical skills.
- At ease forging sophisticated stakeholder partnerships within an established corporate environment
- Experience in analysing and understanding different market’s levers and translating these into strategic objectives. Specific experience in the energy industry is desirable but not a must.
- Financially literate and able to effectively put together sales forecasts, pricing models and input into a P&L
- Fantastic people skills, an excellent communicator
- A very clear understanding of how to deliver first-rate partner service, striving to always deliver beyond expectations
- Commercially astute, ability to drive negotiations with key partners
- A passion for technology & online marketing
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding