At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
Uswitch’s Communications team (covering the Broadband and Mobile channels), manages the UK’s largest digital services comparison site. As market leaders in the quality of our product, the volume of sales delivered, as well as the client relationships we maintain.
This role is a great opportunity for a senior account manager or experienced commercial manager to become a key part of continuing to rapidly grow the broadband business unit.
This role is all about taking a more strategic role in growing revenues in our broadband business unit through the strategic partnerships we have with our clients. Managing the key senior level relationships with our partners but also moving beyond day-to-day broadband provider relationship management activity, while still ensuring that as a team we maintain our status as their first-choice partner to work with.
The main focus of the role will be around delivering the revenue for the broadband business unit, leading on the commercial strategy and driving new product developments with our key broadband partners.
The key to this role’s success will be the ability to manage the day-to-day client relationships but also being able to drive the commercial strategy such as setting the business model, new projects and commercial structures.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Involvement on key commercial negotiations with our broadband partners
- Business development - identifying new opportunities to drive performance and drive revenue with both existing and new partners
- Understanding the performance of each partnership - including in-depth statistical analysis on consumer behaviour, sales conversion, product performance and market trends, subsequently creating actionable results
- Reporting to clients regularly, including presenting to their senior management teams
- Briefing client-related design and development projects internally, and ensuring timely delivery
- Contribution to commercial strategy for new projects
- Responsible for the commercial team delivering best-in-class for client relationships
- Responsible for overarching client strategy
- Driving product changes as a result of client and commercial knowledge and input
- Supporting and leading the account management team as required for client meetings
- Responsible for relationships with both agencies & affiliate networks, being aware of how they affect our revenue (e.g. override percentages, payment terms, etc).
- Continue to develop industry presence by attending IAB AMC, A4U Expo as appropriate.
We’re looking for an experienced commercial manager with a strong track record in the telecoms or performance marketing industry. You will be numbers oriented, focused on the detail but with a strategic mind set and have knowledge of the key performance indicators of the broadband marketplace.
The ideal candidate:
- Strong experience in the telecoms or performance marketing industry
- Financially literate and able to effectively put together sales forecasts, pricing models and input into a P&L
- Fantastic people skills, an excellent communicator
- A very clear understanding of how to deliver first-rate client service, striving to always deliver beyond expectations
- Commercially astute, ability to drive negotiations with key partners
- A passion for technology & online marketing
- Friendly, personable, open to enjoying a team-oriented social life
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding