Senior Visual Designer
Senior Visual Designer London, UK
We strive to simplify some of the most complex and daunting consumer marketplaces, to genuinely improve the lives of our users. Across our platforms - uSwitch, Money, and Bankrate - we give millions of people the tools, data, and insight to save thousands of pounds per year by taking control of their utility bills and finance products.
Design at RVU
Our mission is to be inclusive; to drive the development of ourselves and those around us; to be empowered to try bold things (and sometimes fail!); and, above all else, to be user-centric in everything that we do.
We are one team with one dream: to be the home of amazing experiences that solve the problems of tomorrow, inspiring everyone around us to create better products.
We have just finished creating and defining our new Uswitch brand and are at the start of our journey. Now, the new brand empowers us to design and build compelling experiences for our customers.
What's the opportunity?
As a Senior Visual Designer, your role is to own our visual design aesthetic and lead the creative direction of Uswitch as it evolves. You will work closely together with our cross functional teams (User Researchers, Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers), the wider design and brand teams to craft high quality on brand visual designs for Uswitch.
What will I be doing?
You'll work closely with our Design Systems team (Fusion) to:
- Be both hands on with the design work and provide the creative direction of our product’s visual design.
- 100% own, steer and drive the quality of our visual design across our products.
- Execute our new Uswitch brand across our digital products, by translating our new brand pillars and developing the ‘right’ visual language needed.
- Show us your creativity by creating amazing style tiles, mood boards, mockups and visual explorations that push us beyond where we are now.
- Provide considered and useful visual design feedback to our Product Designers and wider design team.
- Collaborate with the Engineers to execute and deploy your designs to a very high standard.
- Work closely with Team Fusion (Design System) to progress the design system that supports our products.
What skills do I need?
- Strong visual design skills with an understanding of the fundamentals of your craft and how to utilise them effectively.
- You care about the quality of your work and have amazing attention to detail
- Excellent at communicating your thinking behind your work
- Experience of designing across all digital touch points and devices (mobile, tablet and desktop).
- A collaborative working style, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well in small group settings as well as independently.
- Continually driving new ideas and new styles across the product
- Passionate about contributing to a growing design community internally and externally.
We are looking for an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates your thinking behind the ‘final’ visuals. What did you do and why did you do it? It must also demonstrate that you have worked on digital products across multi touch points and platforms.
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time here is even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- Choice of a 13 or 15” MacBook Pro
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks and soft drinks plus free coffee from an on-site barista
- Amazing family and parent friendly benefits
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding